Saturday, February 5, 2011

Playstation 3

I have always had a video game system for as long as I can remember. I started out playing Super Mario Bros on the original Nintendo in my parents bedroom. The tradition carries on today but with the Playstation 3.

When I made my first trip across the Atlantic in 2006 to play for Lugano, I did not have a system with me. Everything was so new to me at first that I did not really need anything to occupy my time. The beginning of my first year I was making the transition from a student athlete to just being an athlete. The days of late night Pizza Shuttle deliveries were gone.

I was pretty set in my routine 7 months into the season. Liz was living with me at the time and we had built a beautiful and comfortable life in Lugano together but because of visa restrictions in Europe, she had to leave before the end of the season. After she had left, I found myself with a lot more time on my hands.

I had started to get the itch to play video games again. I still had my Playstation 2 back at home but it was outdated with the newly released Playstation 3. On top of that, the Wii had also burst onto the scene and I had a tough decision to make. My teammate Ed's decision to purchase the Wii, made my decision to buy a Playstation 3 a lot easier.

I found that playing video games helped pass the time greatly. On weekends, Ed would bring the Wii over to our apartment and we would play Wii Sports and hang out. During the week, I would play NBA Street and other games. Playing the games during this time also helped calm me down. My team was in the midst of a deep playoff run and anyone that knows me, knows that I get nervous for games.

I still have my Playstation 3 and take it with me everywhere I go though I did have to trade my Swiss one in for an American version. My American PS3 works everywhere and I can play my dvd's on it whereas the Swiss version could not do that. It has been great to take it with me. Playing games with teammates and having the ability to watch my movies on a tv and not my laptop is awesome.

Even though I am not a highly skilled gamer, I am extremely happy I made this purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment