Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Nook

I have decided to start a series of blogs based on things that make life easier in Europe. After 4+ years across the Atlantic I think I have adjusted very well but everything didn't come easy. It seems like every year I learn new things. Most of these things involve technology and without modern technology I don't think I would be able to deal with the European life.

So, my first thing that makes Euro life more comfortable for me is the Nook. For those unfamiliar, the Nook is an e reader that contains books. It is basically an i pod for books. This is a new addition to my luggage this year. I like to read a lot and every year it seemed I would struggle with the weight of my luggage because of the books I wanted to bring along or home. Also, I was really limited about the books I could buy in Europe. Most train stations have a small section of books and magazines in English but the options are limited. With the Nook you have more book options and can also purchase newspapers and magazines.

Now with my Nook, I can purchase books (cheaper than in the train station) and not have to worry about the weight of my luggage. The Nook is also great to take on road trips. It is light weight and very easy to carry as it is about the size of an actual book.

I recommend the Nook to anyone that likes to read. I didn't think I could make the transition from paper books to e ink but it was actually very easy. The writing looks just like writing on a book and is easy on the eyes. I just wish they would have came along with these earlier. It would have made packing a whole lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment