Thursday, May 12, 2011

Ankle Update

Alright guys. It has been awhile since I have updated but I actually have very good and valid reasons. I have been extremely upset with the internet lately and I had to take a break. I couldn't stand reading my friends political opinions on Facebook or reading what they were doing for dinner. It was too much for me to handle so I had to take a step back. I have actually written quite a few blog posts in the time but just didn't publish them because of my disdain for the internet. I will try and get them up soon though.

I do have note worthy news though on my health. I actually had surgery on my ankle on April 28th. Way back in February I went to see a doctor in Paris. After examining my ankle as well as my x rays, we decided to try a cortisone shot to see if that would cure the problems with my ankle. The cortisone shot was unsuccessful so I went back to Paris in the middle of April to see what the next step was.

The doctor proposed a simple ankle arthroscopy to clean the joint out and remove a bone spur that had formed on my tibia. I was not too excited at the idea of having surgery but it would make my ankle better again so I had to do it. I went in for surgery a week later and I am currently resting.

The operation went great and the doctor accomplished what he wanted to get done. I have not really had any pain at all. Things went great and I am excited to start physical therapy and get back out on the court. The good thing is that I will be ready for the start of training camp next season so I am happy about that.

I actually have some stories about my hospital stay but those will have to wait for future blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment