Friday, May 27, 2011

Fun In Blois 2

We are just a week away from returning back to the good ol' US of A. Ideally I would still be playing basketball right now and be leaving for Bordeaux to be playing in the Final Four of our league but that was not the hand that we were dealt. At the end of every year I/we like to go on a little vacation to see another part of the world and kick back a little bit. Last year we went to Tuscany and the year before I went to Rome, Florence and Venice with my teammate Brody. Because of how difficult it is for me to get around right now we are unable to go on any cool trips. So, in the meantime we are just trying to enjoy Blois a little bit in the last few days we have left.

I did some research on Blois when I first signed with the club back in July 2010. One of the first things I found was the Chateau de Blois. It is a big beautiful chateau that is the centerpiece of the city and was once the residence of 7 kings and 10 queens of France. If you would like to visit the official website of the chateau, you can click here.

The outside of the chateau is my favorite of all of the beautiful chateaus in the Loire Valley. The architecture is beautiful and represents many different styles from throughout history.

Gothic

Classic

Renaissance

During the spring and summer months, the chateau offers a light and sound show to showcase it's history. I have wanted to do see this ever since I found out about it. Now, that I am officially on vacation, last Wednesday night was the perfect night to check it all out. It was about 45 minutes and really cool. Liz and I learned some interesting facts about the chateau like Saint Joan of Arc prayed there before departing for Orleans to liberate the city.

Liz took some great pictures of it all. Check them out.



No comments:

Post a Comment